Tuesday, August 29, 2006

IIM Indore

Having survived for two months at this place called IIM Indore compels me to go back in past to the day when the CAT results were out. Having underperformed on the judgement day prepared me for what was coming, but human being is an optimistic creature and so am I! (sometimes only though). IIM C was the first one to send GD/PI calls, a night earlier than the other IIMs. Being a
nocturnal and idle
creature, I was amongst the first one in my friend circle to check the results and get
disappointed - Strike 1. Morning went to college, received a call from my centre director for my roll number. I told him of my rejection and he told me of the selection of one of my better friends, Venil Shah, who refused to believe me when I called him. Within a few hours got 4 more blows as IIM L, A, B and K declared their lists, venil and richa had by that time C,L and K while madhuri and akash had B, C, L and K. Not being a spoil sport, I joined in the celebrations of my friends where I could
see some faces sorry for me while a few others beaming at my till then failure. I went home and
checked the results myself for the optimistic reasons mentioned above. Again, the same
disappointment, while the IIM I site refused to open and I didn't persue the matter further as I
was by then back to my normal(non-optimist) self. Around 8 p.m., my centre director, T. Rammohan called me again," Piyush, compensation
hai, IIM I aa gaya." I couldn't believe my luck and in a matter of few days had call from FMS as well( I already had IIFT). Then the usual churning for GD/PI started and we had a real good time at
lonavla for PT sureshot batch. Gradually, my interviews were over and again the same story,
IIM I being the last in sending their final calls, again Ram Sir calling me to break the good news and then finally I was
relieved. In a few days, another good news followed, final call from FMS, but by then I had made
my mind to join Planet I.

1 comment:

Ayush Paul said...

It was a very nice read. I recalled my days of checking and rechecking results for some miracle to happen and a call from IIM. Thanks for making me relive those moments. Keep writing.

Ayush